Cimarex Energy (XEC) reported operational data on the company’s Woodford Shale operations for the most recent quarter and the first six months of 2011. The company is focusing most of its efforts into the Cana Woodford Shale in the Anadarko Basin.
- Drilled and completed 71 gross or 23 net wells through 6/30/2011.
- Wells being completed or awaiting completion total 22 gross or 8 net.
- Net production from the Woodford Cana Shale play averaged 115 million cubic feet of natural gas equivalents per day during the second quarter of 2011.
- Production grew 53% from the 75 million cubic feet of natural gas equivalents per day during the second quarter of 2010.
- Well costs range from $7.5 million to $8.5 million in the core area of the Cana Woodford Shale.