Dominion Resources (D) announced that the company would build a natural gas processing and fractionation plant in West Virginia. The facility will handle production coming out of the Utica and Marcellus Shale. Other details:
- The Utica Shale plant will be built on the Ohio River in Natrium, West Virginia.
- Phase one is expected to be operational by December 2012.
- Natural gas processing capacity of 200 million cubic feet of natural gas per day
- Fractionation or liquids separation capacity of 36,000 barrels per day.
- Ninety percent of capacity of phase one is already contracted.
- Final capacity of 400 million cubic feet of natural gas per day and fractionation of 59,000 barrels of natural gas liquids per day.
Dominion Resources said that the largest customer that has contracted for capacity at the Natrium facility is Chesapeake Energy (CHK). The company has for 100 million cubic feet per day under contract in phase one and an option for phase two.