Cabot Oil and Gas (COG) disclosed the following information on its Marcellus Shale operations as of 9/7/2011.
- Production of 410 million to 430 million cubic feet of natural gas per day from 115 wells (81 horizontal and 35 vertical).
- Twenty one wells are waiting on completion, fourteen wells are waiting on pipeline and eleven are undergoing completion operations.
- Five operated rigs.
2011 Marcellus Shale Program
- Sixty seven wells - 64 horizontal, 3 vertical.
- Average lateral length of 3,750 feet – range from 1,991 feet to 6,176 feet.
- Average of fifteen hydraulic fracturing stages per well – range from 8 to 26 per well.