Southwestern Energy (SWN) made significant progress on its development program in the Fayetteville Shale during the third quarter of 2011 and disclosed an update on recent operations here.
- 132 operated wells put onto production.
- Gross production of 1.9 Bcf per day as of 10/23/2011.
- Operating 19 rigs (12 horizontal and 7 vertical).
- Average drilling and completion cost of $2.8 million per well.
- Average lateral length of 4,847 feet.
- Average time to drill to total depth of 7.8 days.
- Average initial production rates of 3.4 million cubic feet per day.
Southwestern Energy reported that twenty five Fayetteville Shale wells were drilled in less than five days.