Southwestern Energy Company (SWN) issued an operations update for the third quarter of 2010, and discussed its activities in the Fayetteville Shale. The company made the following disclosures on its Fayetteville Shale operations:
- 145 wells placed onto production.
- Gross production of 1.536 million cubic feet per day of natural gas equivalents.
- Operating 22 rigs in the Fayetteville Shale.
- An average completed well cost of $2.8 million.
- Average lateral length of 4,532 feet.
- Average time to drill of 11 days.
- Average initial production rates of 3.28 million cubic feet per day.
Southwestern Energy Company reported that the company has placed onto production the Harlan 09-10 #1-12H well during the third quarter of 2010. This Fayetteville Shale well had an initial production rate of 8.7 million cubic feet per day of natural gas equivalents, a new record for a well in the Fayetteville Shale. The Harlan 09-10 #1-12H well is located in Cleburne County, Arkansas.