Continental Resources (CLR) reported on the company’s Bakken development in North Dakota during the second quarter of 2011.
- Bakken production of 27,177 barrels of oil equivalent (BOE) per day, up 6% sequentially and 51% year over year. The Bakken is now approximately 50% of the company’s total production.
- Participated in the completion of 78 gross or 21.9 net Bakken wells.
- Continental Resources completed 34 gross or 18.2 net operated wells with initial 24 hour production rate of 1,188 BOE per day.
- Lease position of 901,370 net acres with 72% of the leasehold in North Dakota.
- Twenty three operated rigs with 21 in North Dakota and 2 in Montana.
- Continental Resources is testing several oil bearing dolomitic layers that are several hundred feet below the Lower Bakken formation.